Anymail: Django email integration for transactional ESPs¶
Anymail integrates several transactional email service providers (ESPs) into Django, with a consistent API that lets you use ESP-added features without locking your code to a particular ESP.
It currently fully supports Amazon SES, Mailgun, Mailjet, Postmark, SendinBlue, SendGrid, and SparkPost, and has limited support for Mandrill.
Anymail normalizes ESP functionality so it “just works” with Django’s
django.core.mail package. It includes:
- Support for HTML, attachments, extra headers, and other features of Django’s built-in email
- Extensions that make it easy to use extra ESP functionality, like tags, metadata, and tracking, with code that’s portable between ESPs
- Simplified inline images for HTML email
- Normalized sent-message status and tracking notification, by connecting your ESP’s webhooks to Django signals
- “Batch transactional” sends using your ESP’s merge and template features
- Inbound message support, to receive email through your ESP’s webhooks, with simplified, portable access to attachments and other inbound content
Anymail is released under the BSD license. It is extensively tested against Django 1.11–3.0 on all Python versions supported by Django. Anymail releases follow semantic versioning.
- Anymail 1-2-3
- Installation and configuration
- Sending email
- Receiving mail
- Supported ESPs
- Tips, tricks, and advanced usage